Coloured Render with Water Repellent Technology
Note 26 March 2018: ROCKCOTE Sandcote HYDRATECH is the new name for ROCKCOTE Sandcote HydroGuard. There is no change in formulation, this is a change in name only. The change will be rolled out during the end of March and April 2018. See news story.
ROCKCOTE’s bestselling Coloured Render, Sandcote, is now available with advanced water repellent technology. Sandcote HYDRATECH has the elegant, natural look of Sandcote with the addition of technology that improves the ability for water to bead off the surface, delivering a longer lasting, more durable coating.
Ideal for full exteriors in both residential and commercial settings, Sandcote HYDRATECH is particularly popular for achieving a stylish, textured finish for architecturally designed homes and multi-unit residential properties.
Sandcote HYDRATECH is a flexible, acrylic-based coating, manufactured using 100% acrylic emulsions, quality graded quartz and other additives. The formulation maximises the shimmery effect of the sand, to deliver a flat rendered finish with a subtle sparkle.
Like all Coloured Renders by ROCKCOTE, the colour extends all the way through the render, reducing visible damage from scratches and dents. Sandcote HYDRATECH can be tinted to a wide range of colours from soft, natural colours to strong vibrant colours, while still maintaining an attractive, natural appearance.
The addition of HYDRATECH Water Repellent Technology means water repellency is built into the chemical composition of the coating, delivering a hydrophobic system. This means water beads and runs off the surface without penetrating the Coloured Render, making it less susceptible to damage caused by water penetration.
Why choose a Coloured Render by ROCKCOTE?
- The integrated colour permeates the render layer making scratches and damage less noticeable
- Consistent, seamless finish across the project regardless of the substrate (excluding weatherboard)
- Add value and street appeal
- No need to paint
- A more natural aesthetic than painted finishes
- Protect your substrate
- Up to a 15 year full system warranty (see ROCKCOTE System's Guide for details)
- Water based
- Ease of use
- No sponge finishing required
- Vapour permeable
- Water repellent
- Excellent adhesion
- Long term exterior protection
- Natural coloured render finish that does not require painting
- ROCKCOTE Sandcote HYDRATECH is suitable to go over properly prepared substrates such as brick, block, cement render, ROCKCOTE render, concrete, cement sheeting, AAC panels/blocks and plasterboard
- Can be used interior and exterior