Everything You Need to Know About Rendering a Brick Wall
Benefits of Rendering Brick Walls
Rendering a brick wall offers a multitude of benefits that extend beyond aesthetics. One of the primary advantages is enhanced insulation, as the render acts as an additional layer that helps regulate indoor temperatures, reducing the need for excessive heating or cooling. This, in turn, contributes to energy efficiency and cost savings. Rendering also provides protection against the harsh Australian weather, preventing dampness and potential structural issues. It rejuvenates the appearance of older, weathered brick surfaces, giving them a fresh and modern look. Moreover, rendering adds an extra layer of durability, shielding the underlying brickwork from wear and tear, and reducing the need for frequent maintenance.
Best Product Recommendations
When it comes to rendering brick walls, selecting the right products is essential for achieving a flawless finish. For a quicker turnaround choose Rockcote Quick Render, it’s a practical alternative to ‘site mix’ or sand and cement render as it is pre-blended and have shorter curing times. All you need to do is add water. Our Quick Render range offers the perfect blend of cement, sand, and additives, boasting unrivalled quality and consistency, ensuring optimal adhesion, workability, and durability.
The advantages of Rockcote Quick Render Range:
- Ideal for diverse substrates, including brick walls
- Ensured quality due to controlled manufacturing
- Works on both interior and exterior walls
- Faster curing and recoat times compared to conventional sand and cement renders
- Ready for texture coating or painting within 48 hours*
- Serves as an excellent base coat for Rockcote’s Coloured Render, Acrylic Texture, and Paint Range.
Pro Tips & Tricks for Rendering Brick Walls
Rendering a brick wall is a creative endeavor that demands attention to detail and precision. Here are some key tips and tricks to remember when rendering:
- Safety should always come first, so ensure you observe precautions for handling cement based products. Wear protective clothing to minimise skin contact and wear goggles where spatter is likely.
- Check adhesion – If bricks are smooth faced and have very little or excessive absorption rates, use an adhesive base coat.
- For exterior walls, ensure you wet down surface to assist with correct cement hydration and bonding. Apply Quick Render once the ‘sheen’ has gone off the wall.
- If you’re dealing with an uneven brick wall, use a leveling compound to create a smooth surface before applying the render.
- Remember that patience and technique matter – maintaining consistent thickness and using the right tools can make a significant difference in achieving a professional finish.
Whether it’s interiors, exteriors, or uneven surfaces, following these tips and tricks will guide you through the process of rendering brick wall before and after you pick up and put down the tools.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Give Your Brick Walls a New Life with Render
Give your brick walls a new lease on life or enjoy a new style with Rockcote’s premium render. From its aesthetic versatility to its protective capabilities, our render offers a wide selection of render colours, textures, and finishes along with advantages for both the beauty and functionality of your brick walls. Contact us today to learn more.